Followers

Friday, August 17, 2012

Perhaps this is no surprise, but I absolutely suck at romantic relationships.  I think it's that feeling of putting all your weight on a branch and getting ready to fall.  That's probably why they call is falling in love.  Who knows?
So here goes, this new guy that I am kind of seeing is really just a friend so far.  He is leaving for his homeland in 2 months.  There is war there and he will be there for a month, and then will hopefully come back.  Part of me is horrific and self-protective, the common sense part, and just saying, "okay we'll make sure he comes back and then emotionally commit".  Part of me wants to dive right in and fall.  We both work really weird and crazy schedules and it's hard to see one another anyway.  But something about him makes it easy to discuss anything.  You really don't find that in normal, every day life.
Can you tell I'm riding the fence?
Guess I'll always be Voluntarily Solitary at this rate, right?  But why should self protection be a bad thing?  If a person really wants to be with you, they should be into protecting your feelings too, right?  I'm much better at thought that goes through a logical progression than all of these feelings.  Is anybody with me on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment