Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012


I was in bed after the alarm rang this morning, just trying to wake up to be capable of making coffee.  That was when I heard this great howling coming from outside.  Our cat often sneaks out when my son's friends come to visit at night, so I thought, no problem I will just let him in.
I went to the front door, no cat.  At the back door, there was no cat.  When I went back to the front door again, there was this even louder desperate howl.  I looked all over the yard, but couldn't find him.  That's when I realized that he was above me.  Yes, ladies and gentleman, my cat was on the roof.
I tried to get him to come down and jump into my arms, but he was shaking and terrified.  In retrospect, I would have been trembling too, had our positions been reversed.  So then, ever the logical person, I got a chair and tried to climb onto it, and from my height on the porch I could reach him, but only one leg and he kept backing up in fear of losing control.
I woke my son Bobby up, who is much taller than me.  He tried to help me, but just couldn't get him down either and he was trying to get some sleep before work.  I tried my other son, George.  He woke up, was kind enough to stand precariously on a chair, while I grabbed Beni's favorite yoga mat and put it out to get him.  (He loves yoga)).  Anyway, this odd situation worked and my cat, the climber is home.
After a rude awakening like that, is it possible to have a normal day???

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to Benny to create such drama. I couldn't help but laugh so much I almost cried. Just picturing you Bobby and George trying to rescue Benny. I hope the rest of your day went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete