Followers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

I have a friend who has rocking hair and blue jeans and just teaches me to be cool by the way that she smiles.  She's lived through war and hunger, she's known strength and resilience.  She is someone that I met through work that has taught me all of the wonderful things that a woman can be.  I am leaving my work soon, dedicating myself more to writing, perhaps interpreting and taking care of my son.  She made me the most beautiful bag, as a going away present.  What she doesn't know is that I use it to house my computer, which has all of my writing in it, and therefore my dreams.
I've used her bag, to walk back and forth from work - and I walk through a pretty questionable area.  People see the bag and automatically smile.  They know that it was made by a good spirit and that I carry it in peace.  (It broadcasts it with peace signs, see.)
But I guess the most happy thing about this truly rocking Bosnian bird of a friend is that I get to read her posts and thoughts in Facebook and find that we have such commonalities.  We are from completely different parts of the world, yet we both dig Sublime.  We both understand motherhood and the joys and pitfalls it entails.  I really feel that she is one of the most amazing people in the world.  But I know that if I state her name here, she'll kick my ass.  I am quite confident that she could.  And so I will just end this by saying that I'm so happy that you've flown into my life, Bosnian bird.  ;)


2 comments:

  1. Your Bosnian Bird sounds like a wonderful woman. I hope to meet her someday. LOVE the purse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could see it, my photography doesn't do it justice. And I know that you to would hope like happy red heads into the sunset and I would just have to follow...maybe with ice cream.. :)

      Delete