Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So, I got this publishing deal.  I'm a little scared.  I find myself reaching out for others, trying to find the expertise they have that I do not.  But the reality is that this is the second deal that I've been offered.  I've been published many times, some of which I'll share below, (beware, you may giggle).  I started writing when I was 12 and it was a serious endeavor.  It was a daily washing of my soul that helped me to remain sane, in touch with humanity, and somewhat happy.  Now, I watch my son write, and I feel such a huge amount of joy.  He will know that mental release that is like no other.

Dare To Dream
If you have seen a vision
that has filled you with desire
If you have tasted a dream
why can't it transpire?

When you close your eyes
and open your mind
let your thoughts flow
leave your worries behind

You're what you want to be 
a kite without a string
you can soar with the eagles
you can do everything

Do what you want 
don't let others slow you down
Don't let anything stop you
until your dream is found

This was written when I was 17, and I imagine it will be realized when my book gets published.

1 comment:

  1. Trust yourself, you have a gift and I am so thrilled to call you my dear friend. As your last line says, "Don't let anything stop you until your dream is found". That is very good advice now listen to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete